OSD Rock Speakers - just got em hooked up today

shakenbake

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2010
Austin, TX
I bought 3 OSD (outdoor speaker depot) speakers to add to 2 outdoor B&W WM6 speakers.

Two RS820OM 360 degree units
One RS850

The RS850 is pretty good. Nice bass extension, reasonable highs, pretty linear. About as good as a $200 pair of your average entry point monitors.

The RS820OMs are pretty much terrible. Very muddy, compressed, and highs and low are non existent. I plan to return them if the shipping is not too much.

Overall, wish I had gone with Paradigms.

Thanks for posting. Did you boost your signal in anyway? I want to install outside speakers on my zone 2 but can't imagine a 200 foot run of speaker wire is ideal.

And have you heard Paradigms or just going on others feedback?
Thanks

gsxrken said:
Thanks for posting. Did you boost your signal in anyway? I want to install outside speakers on my zone 2 but can't imagine a 200 foot run of speaker wire is ideal.

And have you heard Paradigms or just going on others feedback?
Thanks

I checked the impedance on the run (about 125ft) with the speaker attached. It was 7.5Ohms for the 820s and 6.4 for the 850. The amp is only 65w x 12, but seems to work fine. I may add a subwoofer inline with one of the speakers and run on a bridged (150w) channel.

In my house all A/V in centralized into one closet. Most speaker runs are at least 50ft. I have no issues, even with your basic <$1000 receiver running a 5 channel surround system.

I have not heard the paradigms, but I hear really good things about them. The down side is that they do not make a 360 degree model, which, with my backyard layout, is ideal. They use metal domes instead of the crappy plastic/mylar units virtually all other rock speakers use. Much more expensive though - about 2x the price of the OSD 850s.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.