How do I test for metals?

edweather

LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2010
Kingsland, GA
There is a cloudiness in our pool water that I can't seem to get rid of. All the test #'s with my TF-100 kit are basically good. With all the rain in the last 6 weeks, we have had several thousand gallons of ground runoff enter the pool. It's a light yellow/green/brown cloudiness (hard to tell the exact color.) Last year the opening went smooth and the water was crystal clear a few days after opening. This is only our second year with the pool. I noticed a couple of bottles of Metal Control lying around from the previous owner. Maybe they knew something we didn't! I've been shocking the pool for the past 2 weeks, waiting for the liner to settle. Maybe metals entered via the ground water, and is the cause of the cloudiness. Is there a way to test for metals. My TF-100 kit doesn't have that test. Thanks in advance.

OK, thanks Jason. When the liner settles I'll re-do all the #'s, and go from there. I don't want to do too much now, as I'll be adding water as the liner settles. I'm just continuing to shock, and run the pump 24/7. Thanks again.

I agree with Jason as well.

For what it's worth, testing for metals is actually one test that we recommend leaving to a pool store. This is because the testing supplies are often expensive and generally, all that is needed is a qualitative result (yes there are metals vs. no there aren't any metals).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.