Help my water presser is low

May 20, 2011
Ok so let me begin by telling you I have a 13000 above ground pool with a sand filter.( all about a year old)
I have noticed the water is barely moving out into the pool, I called the place i bought it for some assistance, they told me i most likely had a small crack in the clear plastic lid, so I went out and purchased a new one, replaced it and thought wow fixed...ya right if only thing could e that easy. next morning woke up went out and checked the pool, same thing again water pressure is barely pushing water out, my gauge is in the yellow and reads about 15, I have tryed backwashing it and it works better for about 3hrs then back to same problem. I put the filter to recirculate and it is strong and runs perfect.....Any ideas what it may be, the people at the pool store seem to be clueless, one told me to change the sand and another told me noway should I have tochange the sand so soon, btw this is a chlorine pool.
Ashley

Welcome to TFP!

Make sure you are throughly backwashing the filter, the water will come out clear for a moment, then turn dirty, continue as long as it looks dirty, when the water turns clear wait another 30 seconds, and then turn off the pump, rinse, and go back to filtering.

Most likely there is a lot of debris in the water and a couple of cycles of filtering and then backwashing will clean things up and it will all be fine after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.