New Pool - Initial startup check list

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
So the walls are up the 2nd liner is installed and the pool is refilling!

Having no prior experience and no training from the PB, and Store
Have a question about the pool startup.. once the water is mid skimmer level, I assume the water will start automatically filling into the pump and the filter system
(and also my heater I assume) so all I should need to do is plug in my pump/filter and then once its running I can start to add chemical and start up the heater

I will be going bbb from the start, but my pool came with a pack of lithium shock should I just go ahead and use that to start the pool or use my sams club bleach instead?

I have CYA available on stand by to start adding in a bit later

I'll take care not to add all ingredients at once and in full amounts from the Pool calculator and my TF-100 is ready to go too :)

Its gonna be a great weekend!

that's cool
I new it was more expensive having read my pool school but my main question was concerning the equipment startup

Still no dice on the support from Psiflow on teh Pool Calc app for my Ipod touch (still resets all teh setup settings after a few hours) I tried restoring the ipod to new as well

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.