hello from iowa

Jun 27, 2009
davenport,iowa
hello im from davenport iowa and i wish it would rain here already and knock off those pesky helicopter whirlybirds things off the silverleaf maple trees so i can take cover off and get some chlorine in pool and fire up pumps already,this cool season is gone on to long.....

hawkeye said:
hello im from davenport iowa and i wish it would rain here already and knock off those pesky helicopter whirlybirds things off the silverleaf maple trees so i can take cover off and get some chlorine in pool and fire up pumps already,this cool season is gone on to long.....

We opened about a week ago and it's been raining in NY for the past 3 days with good wind gusts yesterday. But our large maple by the pool still has those "pesky helicopter whirlybirds things" (love that description, I have no clue what they are called either :scratch:) stuck all over it and they love to hover into the pool. I keep a leaf net over the pool until they are done dropping. :goodjob:

Welcome from another Iowan. I'm west of Ft Dodge about 25 miles. I don't have the maples with the helicopters near my pool, but I have a couple of small trees that bloom real pretty, & then shed the blooms. (The variety escapes my memory) Fills up the skimmer basket pretty fast. They're almost done shedding today, so hopefully it will be easier maintenance-wise from here on out. I've been shocking the last week, due to not getting my winter cover on last fall, almost done & ready to fire up my new Aquatrol Swcg. I'm pretty excited to get it dialed in & won't miss the constant jug-dumping. Another round of rain & storms last night, but today looks sunny with some wind.