Cleaner now hates the deep end..

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool cleaner started the season working well,covering all areas. The last few days it has stayed in the shallow end of the pool and not going toward the deep end. I have replaced the piston,randomizer bar and have tried hoses of length suggested by manual,and longer hoses.Filter in hose is clean and filter in ramdonizer bar area is clean. Water is coming from all 4 jets in the cleaner. I will replace the pressure releif valve tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm stumped on what to try to get the little fella to cover the whole area again.
Anyone have any ideas?
polairs 165- 2nd full season of use. pressure in sand filter is 12lbs.

Cleaner is happy now.....

Pool cleaner started the season working well,covering all areas. The last few days it has stayed in the shallow end of the pool and not going toward the deep end. I have replaced the piston,randomizer bar and have tried hoses of length suggested by manual,and longer hoses.Filter in hose is clean and filter in ramdonizer bar area is clean. Water is coming from all 4 jets in the cleaner. I will replace the pressure releif valve tomorrow and hope for the best. I'm stumped on what to try to get the little fella to cover the whole area again.
Anyone have any ideas?
polairs 165- 2nd full season of use. pressure in sand filter is 12lbs.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
just an fyi in case anyone else has the same problem.......... I had installed the the poolskim (great device) and my pressure had lowered just enough to affect the cleaner. Placed the reducer tab in one return to raise the pressure some. Now all's well. Poolskim is happy,,,cleaner is happy to wonder all over the pool again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.