Return placement

MajorDIYer

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2011
Sicklerville, NJ
Sitting around waiting on the town to approve permits :sleep: so I thought I'd do some pre-planning for my plumbing design. Skimmers are set (precut into walls) so just thinking of where and how many returns to use. I guess 2 returns for the steps are mandatory since the prevailing wind is going to pile stuff there otherwise... also thinking 1 across from each skimmer... then a fifth one in the top middle somewhere to try to set up a counter-clockwise pattern. Any good? The equipment pad will sit about 15' behind the steps on the right.

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 115
There are a couple of ways of doing it.

If you go for one big counter clockwise loop you definitely need something in the bottom right as that will otherwise be a dead area.

You might be better off going for a figure 8 motion, with the water on the two sides spinning in opposite directions: left counter-clockwise and right clockwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.