difference between pool rover plus and turbo t jet?

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
anyone know the difference between these models? seems the pool rover plus is discontinued, but for sale at BJ's for 500, turbo Tjet seems to be 600 everywhere. I called aquaproducts and they don't know anything about the pool rover plus.

Did you wind up buying one or the other. My Rover Plus has finally bit the dust (looks like the pump motor). I'm trying to decide between getting another Rover Plus from BJs or a T-Jet. The difference is only about $50 or so (once I add in renewing my BJs card).

I like the T-jet adjustable intakes and the additional floatation kit (if it comes with it, not 100% clear). On the other hand, getting another Rover Plus means that I'll always have some spare parts....

I can actually get a replacement pump motor for about $210 or so, but the warranty is only 6 months.

I'm leaning towards the Rover Plus from BJs since Karl has been doing a great job for the last 5 years.

Well, I just got my T-Jet today. It is definitely more substantial than the Rover, more heavily built etc.

HOWEVER, the power supply / timer that comes with it is (so far) a big disappointment. Instead of a timer that can be varied by the user (like my old rover), it has an automatic timer that goes between about 15 and 20 seconds. The idea (from my discussions with Aquaproducts) is that instead of sweeping back & forth across the pool, the rover concentrates on a smaller area for a longer time, but works it way completely around the pool. My problem so far is that is has never made it's way out of the deep end in 4 hours of trying.

I am going to try changing the pin setting (per user support). If that doesn't work, they have agreed to provide me with a power supply that has the timer, but I may have to change the plug. Going to have to see how that goes! Anyway, I'll post an update here when I get through this mess.

PS - was it a Rover or T-Jet that you got off of e-bay?? (I'm starting to think that I may have to return the T-jet and get a Rover from BJs).

I have t-jet for more than a year and am very happy with it. I don't know what the 15 and 20 second timer you are talking about. The preset timer will run for two hours. I bought a timer from Amazon and set the power supply to use external timer.
http://www.amazon.com/Woods-59204-Weath ... r-mr-title

It will stay on deep end a lot. You need to buy a flotation kit for it. Search for part number "SPK9600" on the web. With that, it climbs the walls and get out of the deep ends. Aquabot should have shipped it with the product. They really should not have people buy it.

The 15-20 seconds is the built in reversal timer. On the Rovers, it was a dial that you could set from 0 to 90 seconds. The Aquaproducts web site has the T-jet listed as coming with a digital timer that you can set (again, between reversals) from 0 to 90 seconds. But, the actual product ships with a power supply that has a built in reversal timer that is not user controllable.

The 2 hour part is the overall run time, that isn't a problem. And, the t-jet did come with additional floatation, but that isn't the problem, it is reversal time. It reverses so quickly that it just stays in one very small area (so if I put it in the shallow end to start with, it would stay there for the whole 2 hours). It has no problem climbing the walls in the deep end.

I have spoken with Aquaproducts and they are willing to send me a different power supply, but are saying that I may have to change the plug end of the cord - not sure I want to do that on a brand new, $600 machine... Right now, it looks like the reversal is occurring every 5 to 8 seconds, which is way too short. I'll be on the phone with AP again tomorrow...

I bought it last year. That is very interesting. Mine comes with a digital timer that can be adjusted from 0 to 90 seconds. 15 to 20 seconds are definitely not enough and not usable. But it doesn't come with the flotation kit. I have to buy it myself. It looks like they are different combinations of the same model.

Yeah, I think they made a real mistake with the new power supply/timer setup. Customer support says that the idea is for the T-jet to more intensively cover an area while slowly working it's way around the pool.

In my case, the reversal is happening anywhere from 5 to about 20 seconds (with the "extended time" button engaged). I'm not sure if I have a bad timer in the power supply and a "good" one with consistently higher reversal times would work, or if the idea just won't work on a 20x40 rectangular pool.

OK. Just got off the phone with Aquaproducts. They are sending me a new Powersupply with user adjustable reverse timer!! I'll update this after getting the new supply.

Just wanted to add that Jeremy at AP was fantastic. Extremely courteous, willing to help and willing to get me the part without having me to send mine first. The experience was great. (This is my 2nd encounter with AP customer support and both times have been great). I have heard so many stories about poor (to awful) customer service, I have to give Aquaproducts a big thumbs up on my experience with them so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update. Got the new power supply with the 90 second adjustable timer. Back in business! It works great. I'm still playing with the timer settings, but at 60 seconds, it operates much like my old Rover, cleaning everywhere in the pool except the corners (which I actually think the T-Jet does better).

The T-Jet has a different turn mechanism (you don't have to use a pin, so it can turn either way), so I'm going to try to duplicate what AquaProducts was trying to do with the new timer. I'll set it to about 20 to 30 seconds (so it isn't going all the way across the pool all the time) to see if I can get a full pool scrub with less wasted time at the end of each reversal. If that doesn't work, I can always go back to my 60 second cycle that does.

I'm not really sure why AquaProducts did the change (it isn't even on their website). Probably the new power supply/timer is cheaper.

Anyway, I'm happy for now. AP customer support has been great and I love the new T-Jet (with the 90 second timer).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.