I had poolkrete installed, first time the shallow end floated up...he reinstalled and it happened again. In the first case it rained before the pool was filled, which is what he stated the problem was. The second time, the pool was full. Any one have this happen and/or a possible cause?

I presume you are talking about under a vinyl liner? I can't see how anything on the bottom of a full pool could float unless you have some serious slope issues to allow the groundwater to be under higher pressure than the pool. Either way, the problem is groundwater not being drained from the pool excavation, and is an installation/design issue.

To clarify.
1. The poolkrete was laid down by what was believed to be a professional.
2. Both times, after the pool was filled, the poolkrete apparently broke.
3. CHUNKS of poolkrete are now floating under the liner where water has apparently started to pool and push the krete/liner towards the surface.

Thanks again everyone!

I told you that I have an idea or 2 and 'by golly' I'm actually following through :party:

We install a goodly number of pools each year and I've noticed that when the pool crete has troubles it's almost always due to the 'sub strata'. If you had lots of rain before the 'crete went down, there was probably a lot of 'squishy' mud underneath - that won't hold up! The 'squishy' stuff sould have been removed and gravel, or some other low compaction material used to fill those areas. The trouble I'm having with your problem is that you say that the crete is floating - this stuff isn't bouyent , you'd have to have a river running under the floor to dislodge the crete upwards :?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.