Polaris 280 Trouble

May 18, 2011
We just purchased a home that has been vacant for two years. As you can imagine, this pool is TOUGH to clear up, as it has had two summers without maintenance, and had been able to become a green, gunky, algae filled nightmare. We purchased the Polaris 280 from our pool company suggesting it. We wanted to get it installed ourselves to save the extra $200 they would charge. My dad helped my DH get this thing setup as they have had an IG pool for 12 years, and he knows his way around a pool, so incorrect installation is likely not the case. It has been in the pool for a couple of days, and is definitely pulling things up. The weird thing is it doesnt seem to be moving very fast, and ONLY stays in the deep end of the pool! We have moved it to the shallow end, turned it on, and it goes right back to the deep end, and just seems to be going in circles in the same 4x4 area. My parents have a similar pool to ours and the Polaris 280 and theirs works wonderfully. Are we missing something in the settings, or is this one just a lemon that needs to be exchanged? PLEASE HELP! We want this pool to be swimmable by Memorial Day, and in the past two weeks it has only made the progress that most pools opened in MN in the spring have in two days! :evil:

Hi,

For the speed have you checked the proper RPM? It is supposed to be between 28-32. You can change it with the colored discs at the wall or the regulator knob.

For the cleaner staying in one area- I would check the Thrust Jet on the back of the unit and slightly change its position.

The manual is available on the Polaris website and contains detailed instructions on how to perform the above. My Polaris did almost the same thing until I set it up properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.