Passed overnight test! ...now what?

G

So I passed my overnight FC loss test with 0 lost FC and .5 CC at sundown and .5 CC at sunrise. What should my CYA goal be now? What should my FC be on a daily basis moving foward? How often should I test for FC moving foward? Pool school says to visually monitor the water quality and test FC as needed, but what is as needed? Daily? Thanks!

Where are you located?
Please post a full set of test results now that you're done shocking.

You should test the FC and pH daily at least until you have a good handle on how your pool acts.

I test FC & pH at least every other day with the OTO test and do a FAS-DPD at least once a week. Then once a month I run all the tests.

Ok full test results:

FC = 7
CC = .5
CYA = 20-30
PH = 7.5
TA = 140-160
CH = 150

Firstly the CYA test is pretty subjective, it's difficult to tell when the dot is really gone I can't tell if it's closer to 20 or 30 but obviously I need to add CYA. What is my goal level? 70?

TA = It says stop when it turns red. Does it mean pink or does it mean actual red? If pink, its 140, if it means true red, it's 160.

So, do I need to adjust anything? What should my day to day FC goal be, 4?

If you have a SWG then you want CYA around 70 to 80, otherwise you want CYA around 40 to 50.

On the TA test, add drops until the color starts changing to something in the red/pink family. Then continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing. The final drop that doesn't change the color any further does not count. From your description it sounds like your TA level is 160.

If you have a SWG you will want to lower TA. If you don't have a SWG you can probably leave TA alone. If you find your PH rising annoyingly quickly, then lower TA.

Your day to day FC goal depends on your CYA level. Right at the moment 4 or 5 is a good target for FC. When you add more CYA that will change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.