Pressure Gauge keeps busting?

May 13, 2011
Odd thing - last year the pressure gauge on the sand filter died on me (always showed the highest pressure reading, on or off). So I replaced it last year with a new one, and mid way through the year it died again. I could go out and get yet another gauge but is this indicative of another problem by chance?

Also, the filter likes to spit sand into the pool, esp after a backwash. I've read this could be a busted lateral - is it dangerous to run the filter with busted laterals or is it just an annoyance?

Cheers,

Having the gauge fail every year is common. Failing mid-year is much less common. Still, those inexpensive gauges tend to break, so I don't consider it significant.

Sand getting into the pool is only an annoyance, there aren't any safety issues I can think of.

Here's the one I bought. Great minds think alike! :mrgreen:

It's a compound gauge and it's liquid filled. I bought a bottom mount because it's self draining. I used a stainless steel street ell to mount it to the filter. I bought a compound gauge so I could check the suction pressure whenever I want or need to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.