Price of water

ktdave

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Katy, TX
I noticed the month when I filled my new pool (11,000 gal) with water that my water bill was only $58, which is about 110% more than usual (got a discount on sewer usage). I've seen others on here with way much more expensive water, so I was a bit shocked (in the good way) at the low cost of my water. I'll have to admit, my water tastes like Crud out of the tap (use a PUR filter), but I guess depending on where you live, there is a great variance for the cost of municipal water.

omg, i wish that was my bill last month, our last bill with only toping off the pool and drinking was 130$, its time to go back to texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, Nice job on the water price! We paid appx. $175 for 18,000 gals. from the 'city'. 60% of that was sewage fee that is only NOT charged during certain allowable 'pool fill' months like May, June, July. :? We had a well put in last year for the pool & yard, but did not want to take a chance on running it dry for the refill. BTW, our tap water is nothing to brag about either so we use the filtered water. Wonder what the rest of the folks do?

Joyce

here if they used sewage water they would get sued so fast its not even funny, i dont care but at least here we dont need a filter for the water, only thing we need to have on a well is the in-ground sprinkler system, otherwise they let us use water all willynilly. tastes good to.

Dave,

The month we filled our pool, our bill was about $90, which is about twice the normal.

of course, this water came straight out of the sewerage too. we wouldn't dream of swimming in anything other than sewer whater. wouldn't need chlorine if we didn't right?

steve

ktdave said:
tastes like Crud out of the tap (use a PUR filter), but I guess depending on where you live, there is a great variance for the cost of municipal water.

well of course it tastes like Crud, your drinking sewer water, WHERE YOUR TOILET WATER GOES EWW :roll: .

Thanks for the responses. BTW, the sewer discount is a discount they give because the water that fills the pool is not going into the sewer. Like a really long shower or potty break :shock:.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Filled mine from the well. Took about 5 days running it mostly at night when there wasn't much call for water.

I did check into a business that hauled water to fill pools. They charged a transit fee $75 each way, then $200 for 4000 gallons which was one truck and I would need about 3. Didn't take me long to decide to take the chance on the well. I live about 2 miles from Lake Marion so I even tried to find a farmer with a water tank and a pump. Anyway next year I plan on taking the Intex down and putting up something permanent, so I'll be having to fill it again next year.

lsbarkley said:
Filled my 9500 gallon pool here in NJ. It costs us $5 per 1,000 gallons. So quick math = $47.50....a water deliver truck with "clean" water wanted $900!!!

I looked into having the water truck (that fills his truck from the same stream in front of my house) bring the water to the pool... $300.00 a load.
Didn't take to long for me to buy a pump & enough hose to go the 200 some odd feet to the back yard.

My water bill this month was about $280 for about 36k of water, 21k of which went to the pool and the rest watering the new sod. I'll see a sewer discount for part of the 21k on next months bill.

Lucky timing for me, starting this week there is a total outdoor watering ban for north Georgia.

Jimbo said:
Filled mine from the well. Took about 5 days running it mostly at night when there wasn't much call for water.

I did check into a business that hauled water to fill pools. They charged a transit fee $75 each way, then $200 for 4000 gallons which was one truck and I would need about 3. Didn't take me long to decide to take the chance on the well. I live about 2 miles from Lake Marion so I even tried to find a farmer with a water tank and a pump. Anyway next year I plan on taking the Intex down and putting up something permanent, so I'll be having to fill it again next year.

Hey Jimbo, my sis lives at Church Branch (Manning address). You guys are neighbors, kinda! It's a small, small world. :)

Joyce

It cost us nothing Our neighbor was on vacation so we used his hose.

JK. about $180 for 24,000 gal of city water. They did not charge us for the sewer part (which is the fee for water going out) which would of been another $150.

We filled out pool for free! Our mud district is so incompotent that they did not set up our account for the first few months after we moved in the house despite our requesting a bill after the first month after not getting one.

When they finally started billing, they just picked up from the current month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.