Chips in fiberglass

giulietta1

In The Industry
Mar 29, 2007
Knippa, Texas
I've noticed a couple spots in my pool where there appears to be a small chip or hole in the fiberglass finish. There are about 3 or 4 of them. They don't seem to be leaking (tho I haven't done the dye test), but I wonder if they could/should be repaired. I've noticed a place in the bottom of the pool that appears to have been patched/repaired in some way. Would the pool have to be drained to fix these spots? One of them is near the bottom in the deepest part of the pool. Another is on a step, and there is a very small one above the water line.

You can contact the manufacturer of the pool you have. My pool had a chip out if it and they came and repaired it under water - you can hardly tell where the repair is. It looked like some kind of putty. The pool manufacturer should be able to tell you how to repair it, or have someone who can repair it for you - they will at least be able to tell you what to use to repair it, but I know it can be done under water.

mbar said:
You can contact the manufacturer of the pool you have. . .

I don't know the manufacturer. . . I don't even know if the supplier is still in business. I do have a flyer from that business so I could possibly find out something. Thanks for the input! I'm glad to hear that the repair can be done underwater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.