Liquidator causing pump to lose prime

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
Today I went out to check the pool and heard that awful sound of a pump running dry. I noticed the pump couldn't pull prime. After a little troubleshooting, I noticed the Liquidator level was below the Out port on the side, and the pump was pulling air through the system. Is this a common issue, and is there a solution?

The OUT float has a rubber seal that should seal the OUT side when the water level in the LQ falls below a certain level, so your problem doesn't happen. The OUT and IN floats aren't mixed up?

I have my pump shut off at night and the LQ is higher than any other piece of equipment, so when the pump shuts off, the water in the LQ drains down until the OUT float seals itself with the falling water level.

Positive they aren't mixed up. It would be pretty hard to do with the big OUT and IN stickers ;)

I couldn't get the pump to prime without shutting off the flow regulator.

This is the 2nd time it's happened, going to keep a really close eye on it. The worst part is we are going out of town in the morning and won't be back for a week.

I worked on it some more tonight. I noticed inside the lines are coated with what I believe to be salts. The flow meter would only go to 2 until I squeezed and prodded the lines until they were clear again. This LQ has only been up and running for 3 weeks, so I'm getting a little nervous about it being maintenance needy. I have the 3/8" upgrade. So, could the salts be causing an issue that might be related to losing prime? Am I going to have to constantly clean the feeder hose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.