Concrete sealer drips on fiberglasss pool

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if any experts could give me some advice on this situation.

Last week I had a guy seal my stamped concrete deck around my fiberglass pool. I think he used Diamond Brite brand sealer or something like that. It had a very strong odor, I'm not sure if it was water based or what.

The next day I saw that the sealer had dripped onto the fiberglass between the water line and cement coping. I have several of these around the pool. I tried to wipe them off, of course the sealer was hardened onto the fiberglass. I did not try any scrubbing methods as of yet.

I called the guy back, he said he is coming back on Wednesday, two days from now. He said he is going to use xylene (I think thats how you spell it) to wipe the marks off of the fiberglass. He said he installs cement decks around pools so I think he has experience in these things.

Now I am nervous that this "xylene" might ruin the fiberglass. Does anyone here have any experience with this? Should I stop him from doing it? If so, how should I get these hardened sealer drips/streaks off my pool? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Lisa

Xlyene is also sold as "Goof Off" to remove just about any paint. I'd be surprised if it bothered the fiberglass; though depending on the gel coat it could dull the finish. Fiberglass polish should take care of that. On a plastic pool, however, all bets are off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.