Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 pool?

May 7, 2011
Hi,

I'm so clueless with all this pool stuff :oops: . I want to have everything that I need when we set up our 15x48 intex metal frame pool with the salt water system. I would like to make the pool as easy and low maintenance as possiable. Would the Intex 1600 gallon sand filter be good for my pool or would a bigger one be better? Walmart has it on sale for $149.00. If in the future we get a bigger pool would this filter be able to handle a 18x48 or 18x52? Thanks again!!

Re: Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 p

The best filter/pump combo that Intex makes is the 2100gph (or 2650, it's the same) unit. If you go with that you'll be able to use it on ony size Intex pool. I don't know about the 2100 gph units.

Re: Intex 1600 Gallon Sand Filter with GFCI good for 15x48 p

mapoolgirl said:
Hi,

I'm so clueless with all this pool stuff :oops: . I want to have everything that I need when we set up our 15x48 intex metal frame pool with the salt water system. I would like to make the pool as easy and low maintenance as possiable. Would the Intex 1600 gallon sand filter be good for my pool or would a bigger one be better? Walmart has it on sale for $149.00. If in the future we get a bigger pool would this filter be able to handle a 18x48 or 18x52? Thanks again!!
Hey, I know this is a little late but if you haven't already, go ahead and get the 1600 gph pump. We bought it for our 16' X 48" intex pool and the water flow is more than we could have ever expected. it also comes with all the needed conversion pieces. great deal. Sorry I have no picture of it hooked up to the pool.

Attachments

• pool pump.jpg
    pool pump.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 118
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.