water level

Feb 15, 2011
My water level is 1 inch from top of the skimmer. With more rain coming this week, I want to lower the level a bit, so it doesn't overflow.

Should I use the "backwash" setting or "waste" setting?

Frank

If it's been a while since you backwashed, I'd go ahead and backwash the filter while dumping the water. The "two birds with one stone" kinda thing. :). If you just recently backwashed I'd just use the waste setting.

I had to do the same thing after the rain we received last week here in central Texas. I backwashed my filter like normal then I just switched to waste and finished draining the pool until I got to the level I needed. I didn't want to take the chance of backwashing any extra sand out of my filter.

...... I realy need to learn how to type faster. :hammer:

:cheers:

Bama Rambler said:
If it's been a while since you backwashed, I'd go ahead and backwash the filter while dumping the water. The "two birds with one stone" kinda thing. :). If you just recently backwashed I'd just use the waste setting.

Ditto...it's the only time I find I "need" to backwash, otherwise my filter PSI does not really rise much between storms. This would obviously not be a convenience in drier areas of the country.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.