Skimmer Line Clogged

Mar 31, 2010
Downingtown, PA
I opened my pool last Sunday and after testing water saw my CYA was low along with some other numbers being off. I am trying to bring things in balance and Monday night added HTH Stabilizer and Conditioner. I put in half a bottle into the skimmer and it seemed to draw into the line. Then Tuesday morning I put in the remaining half of bottle and again seemed to go in just fine. I went to vacuum the pool today and put the suction cap on top of the skimmer and could not get it to seat properly. I then removed the skimmer basket and found the bottom had a lot of CYA and it was clogging the skimmer pipe. I scooped out what I could by hand but the pipe is still clogged. I tried cleaning the pipe as best as I could by trying to break it open with a thin piece of metal rod and a screw driver. Went down in the pipe pretty far but clog still exists. Any ideas what I might try next to clear the line?

It will dissolve eventually. You might be able to break it loose by putting a hose through the pump basket into the inlet pipe. Turn the drain off and wrap the end of the hose in a rag to get a seal in the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.