12% liquid chlorine sold in Oklahoma?

Nov 12, 2009
Tulsa,OK
I've been buying gv bleach at wally world. I contacted every pool store in Tulsa and none sell liquid chlorine. Went to one store and asked an employee about it. He had just moved here from California and said that was they're main seller, he didn't know why they didn't sell it here.

Wondering if its a legal issue, or pool stores trying to sell expensive tabs?

Sent from my Epic 3g on SERO using Tapatalk

Try Home Depot, Liquid Chlorine is not very popular in my area (SW Louisiana), Home Depot is one of the few places I have seen it, just check to make sure it is fresh, the local HD store had multiple pallets of it in the garden center a few weeks ago that had obviously been sitting around a LONG TIME.

Ike

I've been getting 12.5% at Ocean State Job Lot in CT for 2.89 a gallon. It's like a dollar store. The brand is Austin's. I think they sell
to cleaning companies. It's great because until IO get my salt system hooked up in a couple of weeks it's not much to lug around.

Check your local Ace Hardware stores. I live in southwest Oklahoma and Ace hardware in my town carries the HTH brand liquid chlorinator - 12%. I think it was right around Memorial weekend last year that Ace ran a sale on it. I'm going to keep checking back with them and hopefully catch it on sale again this year.

Whoops,

You're right Mags .... sorry for the bad info. This is what happens when you go for six months without touching your pool and chemicals. I'm back in the saddle though, fired up my pool last weekend and she's crystal clear thanks to being on season two of the BBB method. I'm blown away how easy my startup was after converting from BaquaCrap at the beginning of last season. TFP rules and I spread the word every chance I get! :party:

Mags® said:
It's 10% and will be on sale during Memorial Day weekend for 2 for $5.00 :wink:

I found some at a local pool store, but it's $6.25/gallon.

I also found, and bought some 10% at Target for $4.98/gallon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it still cheaper to buy the 182 oz. 6% at walmart for $2.54?

2011-06-22%2015.51.50.jpg

gullzway said:
I found some at a local pool store, but it's $6.25/gallon.

I also found, and bought some 10% at Target for $4.98/gallon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it still cheaper to buy the 182 oz. 6% at walmart for $2.54?

2011-06-22%2015.51.50.jpg

I found this same stuff in the DFW area at Target starting a couple months ago. It is still more $$ that generic bleach but not by much (at least here). I have bought it a few times. But I now know what needs to happen (with bleach) with my pool without having to use the pool calculator for 6% and using the other stufff would mean I would have to think harder or go look at the computer and that would be less time admiring the pool and drinking my beverages. :cheers:

A new Leslie's Pool opened in Sand Springs,OK. The only reason I knew was because they sent me a flyer. The first thing I noticed was liquid chlorine 25% off. I called and they said "we don't sell liquid chlorine here" Lol.
Luckily I was able to get some from my work where we have two 3000 gallon 12.5% chlorine tanks. Still I don't understand not selling it here in pool stores?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.