Hello everyone north jersey here.

May 15, 2011
Hello people brand new here and wanted to introduce my self. I live in north jersey and I have a 14x34 inground 8' pool. I stumbled across this site after searching for some help. After searching this site I thought it was full of knollegable people. So here I am. I'm a DIY guy and I'm still learning how to correct water problems. After 8 seasons I decided to install a salt water chlorinator generator had a great season, but after pulling my cover off I had a purple chalky residue o. The walls corners and stairs. I'm in dyer need of a fix. Has anyone ever had an experience with this purple stuff?

Welcome to TFP!!

I grew up (well... spent my formative years) in Tenafly.

It sounds like a bio-nasty (water mold) which can be dealt with by treating your pool as if it was a green swamp - bring your chlorine up to shock level (for your cya- see the link in my sig) and hold it there until you pass the overnight chlorine loss test (if you don't know how that works, we'll explain) and then keep your free chlorine towards the upper level on the FC v.s. CYA chart to keep it from coming back :)

I hope I've, at least, started to address your issue :)