Autopilot Cell Life

donaldm823

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2007
Cape Coral, FL
My Autopilot Digital DIG-220 amp-hr counter indicates my SC-60 cell now has 15133 amp-hrs. Cell visual appears like new with all blades the same length and no deposits. My question is, what is the rated cell life? When I bought the unit it came with a flat 5 yr warranty, but I have read in some posts 10000 hrs and others it was 10000 amp-hrs.

Should I be buying a replacement cell now so I do not get caught with a sudden failure? What is the rated amp-hrs and is there something specific I should look at to anticipate cell end of life?

I am meticulous about water chemistry and balance. This season will be season 4 on the autopilot and my seasons are typically 5 months of SWG run time at 10-12hr per day with a 40-50% settings (today it was 25% since still cold out).

I don't think that AutoPilot officially specifies the cell life time, other than the warranty coverage. Still, the cell life should be somewhere around 10,000+ hours turned on, or somewhere in the vicinity of 60,000 to 90,000 amp hours.

Your cell should have a number of years left in it yet. I wouldn't worry about getting a new cell until there are some signs of the cell aging.

JasonLion said:
I don't think that AutoPilot officially specifies the cell life time, other than the warranty coverage. Still, the cell life should be somewhere around 10,000+ hours turned on, or somewhere in the vicinity of 60,000 to 90,000 amp hours.

Your cell should have a number of years left in it yet. I wouldn't worry about getting a new cell until there are some signs of the cell aging.

Thanks Jason-good info that typical SWG cell is 10,000hrs NOT amp-hrs. Since my amp-hr reading on the Autopilot is 15,000 amp-hrs and my amps are usually 5 amps, it looks like I have only 3000 hrs on my cell after 3 pool seasons. I oversized the cell for my pool so I usually run it at low power and low percentage settings

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.