Is it Possible? Convert Easytouch to Intellitouch

Jul 24, 2010
I have an Easytouch system, I recently purchased a 520287 UOC outdoor motherboard front panel, and a 520077 I10+3D personality board. Looking at the Load Center for the Intellitouch, it appears to be exactly the same steel box used for the EasyTouch System. The only piece I am missing is the plastic front usually attached to the I10+3D board and a external controller.
Is it possible to swap both of the Easytouch boards with the two boards I purchased? Has anyone ever tried to convert an Easytouch to an Intellitouch?

Big bump on this one :?:

I currently have the easytouch but now that I want to use my iphone and PC to control my system I'm limited. I'm sure were not the only ones here that have wondered this... I have no doubt that it's do'able, the only real question is what would be the cost difference as appossed to just buying a new intellitouch? Also, what could be salvaged from the Easytouch other than the box and the main breakers?

TIA :goodjob:

oofreakoo said:
Big bump on this one :?:

I currently have the easytouch but now that I want to use my iphone and PC to control my system I'm limited. I'm sure were not the only ones here that have wondered this... I have no doubt that it's do'able, the only real question is what would be the cost difference as appossed to just buying a new intellitouch? Also, what could be salvaged from the Easytouch other than the box and the main breakers?

TIA :goodjob:

The easytouch has new firmware that will allow it to talk to the iphone protocol adapter. I have yet to do this, but I did see it in the latest firmware notes.

All you need to do to convert the ET to an IT is replace the processor board, and personality board ( or buy as a kit) everything else is identical.

The transformer(s) have different part numbers but they are the same 6 pin with all the same voltages.

Thanks for the confirmation, as soon as I pick up an external controller I will post back my results. As to the cost difference, in my case it cost me a little over $150 for the two boards. Now onto to building the hardware to flash the intellitouch chip.

dizman67 said:
Thanks for the confirmation, as soon as I pick up an external controller I will post back my results. As to the cost difference, in my case it cost me a little over $150 for the two boards. Now onto to building the hardware to flash the intellitouch chip.

Seeing how you've already purchased most of the parts I can see why you would want to continue. I'm going to just flash mine. Hopefully a PB out there will come by and do it for cheaper than it costs for the programmer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.