Sta-Rite 330k Heater

Mar 30, 2008
Hello everyone!!!! :wave: Well it is that time of year again and I have fired up the heater again, looking back at my post I had figured out it cost me $4.40 AND hour to run my heater,and I get about 1.5-2 degrees an hour on my pool temp. I was reading up on my heater once again and found that it is only 84% efficeint, I realize this is about the best in the industry, but that is wasting 52,800 btus per hour on a 330k heater!!!!! :grrrr: My plan is to construct a stainless steel coil and place it above the exhaust outlet of my heater and see how much extra heat I can recouperate. has anyone done anything similar????? Thanks

You have to be careful with things like that. As the flue gases cool they condense some extremely corrosive liquids sometimes, which can eat through even stainless steel. Cool flue gas can also cause carbon monoxide to accumulate near the heater, which could cause problems if you were close to the heater breathing it.

There are just a couple of pool heaters that are 90+% efficient. They have exhaust fans to distribute the vented gas further and use PVC vent pipe, which is more corrosion resistant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.