Inherited Pool, Pits and valleys in the liner bottom.

G

Hello all. Short version is bought a house that came with a swamp. Thanks to pool school, the BBB and you great folks, my water is crystal clear but I am still vaccing debris off the bottom, thwere was a TON of it and I have probably cleaned my cart filter at least 40-50 times to get this far. Shock is still going due to debris. When I was vaccing today I noticed that there were spots of debris that didn't go away want I passed the vac over them. I got my brush and stuck the last set of bristles in the spots and noticed that it droped down into it, I swirled it around and the debris churned up. So I discoverd that I have a yet undetermined number of "pits" or "divots" in the bottom of the pool liner that debris has collected in. I assume this is not normal. Other than bing a pain to keep clean, is this a major problem?

It's not a major problem :-D The liner is being stretched more in those areas and that will shorten the life of the liner some. The only fix is to remove the liner and retrowel the floor (I suspect you have a sand bottom under the liner). If you can live with the 'moon surface' effect, I'd let that liner last as long as it will and retrowel the floor when you install a new liner.

Ok thanks, It might just be eaiser to finish vacing what I can and then get in the pool to manually clean out the perfectly termed craters with my hand and the vac. It is safe to get in the pool with this debris as long as it is at shock level right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.