New to trouble free pool. Have some problems.

Hello everyone. I am in Yelapa, Jalisco, Mexico. Near Puerto Vallarta. My pool was built two years ago and I have had problems that I believe relate to having to use triclor. Logistically it is very difficult to get large quantities of liquid bleach to my location as everything has to come by small boat. hence the triclor. Also, the bleach that I have found here does not list any percentages. I have a tf-100 test kit which I just got. Here are the first test numbers taken today.

FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2.0
pH 7.8
T/A 150
CH 130
CYA 90
Water Temp 90
Air temp 85

I have two questions: Is there a way to continue to use Triclor and not have my CYA levels get any higher? And to lower that level? Also I have included two pics. One is of some kind of growth in the grout that I just can't seem to get out? Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.[attachment=0:wbge13b4]IMG_2906.JPG[/attachment:wbge13b4]

Attachments

• IMG_2907.JPG
    IMG_2907.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 53
You don't have near enough FC for your CYA level.

You can't use Triclor and keep CYA stable.

The way to lower CYA is to partially drain your pool.

Out of curiosity, would it be easier to have a salt pool and a salt water chlorine generator? Your CYA level is pretty close to being where it needs to be for a SWCG, and if you can get salt it might be easier than trying to locate bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.