Rocks and exactly how level for intex 24'?

Apr 24, 2011
Our pool area is level around the outside where the poles will go. Some of the middle, though, is a couple inches higher...is that ok? I thought I had read that if the middle was higher it was ok, but I can't find that post again.

Rocks...we de-rocked it. It rained. More rocks. :cry: How careful do we have to be with rocks? We're putting 1-2" of sand and then a heavy duty tarp.

As long as the non-level areas are away from the walls and the slope is gentle everything will work. Still, level is nicer.

Rocks can be extremely annoying. They have a habit of working their way up through the sand and becoming places to stub you toe and possibly eventually damage the liner.

The more prep work you do, the happier you will be in the long run. With a 24' pool, you aren't going to want to take it down to fix things later, so it is much better to get it right up front.

Steps that I used to create my origninal pool area:
1. Choose area, use a can of marking paint to paint a circle 2' larger that your pool. ie 18' pool = a 20' circle.
2. Cut sod off and dispose of. (if you do not do this it rots and stinks terrible)
3. Attached a 4' level to a 10' 2" x 6" pegged to the middle of the circle.
4. Swing board in a circle trimming away any high spots and filling in any low spots.
5. Tamped entire area with a hand tamper. (lots of work, rent a plate compactor it goes alot faster and not as hard on the back and shoulders.)
6. Put down 1 1/2" or 2" styrofoam (the pink stuff). Tape the seams with Gorilla tape. Cover it all with a HD tarp. (don't use the tarp that they send with the pool, get a good HD one)
7. Setup pool, place 1 1/2" or 2" pavers/patio blocks under the legs.
8. Fill pool with 2-3" of water and smooth all wrinkles out.
9. Fill up the pool with the rest of the water.
10. Test water with your new TFTest kit (you did order one right?) use results on The Pool Calculator and add BBB (if needed) to your Pool.
ENJOY THE POOL!!!!
Mike
PS, I did eliminate a few steps. Like go to store buy beer. Go to store buy AsperCreme for the aching muscles. Go to store buy more beer. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.