Relative advantage in plumbing configuration

DRoessler

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
Greetings,

Since I am replacing my equipment and above ground plumbing, I have to opportunity to change somethings about the layout. It is conceptually easier for me to reconstruct the current approach, but if I can improve it, I'd rather. Of the options suggested so far, two appear to have improvement potential:

1) Turn the pump perpendicular to the feeding lines and rotate the filter accordingly.
This would simplify the plumbing pump->filter with only 1 90 degree bend, but adds a 90 on the intake

2) Keep the layout essentially the same, but replace the 3 90's in the pump->filter line with 1 90, and 1 45; angling the line from the top of the pump to the multiport
Would seem to improve flow to the filter albeit not that much, but would look a bit funky.

Suggestions?

Also, since this effort involves replacing the valves, where practical, I'm thinking valves on the vertical plane ought have their handles on the inner (equipment) side of the plumbing rather than the outer (lawn guy) side. true?

Saving fittings is always a good idea, but it is a small difference, so don't go crazy trying to save every last little bit. What counts is the total angle turned. 2 90s are better than 3 90s and about the same as 4 45s. Hope that makes sense.

1) Won't make any real difference, the same number of fittings.
2) Good, 3 90s goes to 1 90 and 1 45 saves turns and makes the system more efficient.

Where the handles end up is a connivence thing. Put them where they will be easy to turn from where you expect to be standing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.