Pentair firmware programmer

May 13, 2011
One p&e micro programmer.
http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=33

The following parts for the board and cable.  I'm not sure on the connector terminal quantity, so I ordered 20.

Qty    Part Number    Description    
1    A26569-ND    CONN HEADER VERT .100 6POS 15AU    
1    WM7610CT-ND    CONN HEADER 6POS 1.25MM VERT SMD    
4    WM1724-ND    CONN HOUSING 6POS 1.25MM        
20    WM1775CT-ND    CONN TERM FEMALE 28-32AWG TIN        
1    V2025-ND    PC BOARD 2-SIDE PPH 2.0X3.0    

After built, you can download the firmware from pentairpool.com and update.  this will cost under $200 for what is sold for over $500 usually.

padrino said:
Great contribution, time for a weekend project..

You also need the software to flash it which can be $150-$250.00.

The packages on pentair's site are only the software for the controllers themselves, not the delivery system.

racket said:
padrino said:
Great contribution, time for a weekend project..

You also need the software to flash it which can be $150-$250.00.

The packages on pentair's site are only the software for the controllers themselves, not the delivery system.

I haven't actually tried it yet but if I read it right the firmware programmer itself comes with the software, this is the $99 dollar device linked to in the initial post.

Now I'm wondering if there is more required, I went to order the programmer and at $99 it states the following "no software included - replacement hardware only". It's a minimum of $150 more for any software, I'm on hold now since I'm not sure which way to go with this.

I can say for sure that you'll need the prog12z software which is 169 plus the programmer at 99. Still not bad when compared to retail on the kit. I can post the software to rapid share, but one would need a registration code or be able to crack the software.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are dealing with two softwares when you are using the flash kit.

1) PE Micro software to allow the hardware to talk to the computer. You will need a install code for that and no Pentair cant even get them
2) The firmware files itself. This can be downloaded from there website.

The flash kits use to not need a install code but that it something they changed a few years ago. Im sure if you find a old CD and take your computer off the internet so it cant update it self then it will work. Just dont open then program when your online. I think I have a OLD cd around here somewhere.

On a side note. I ask my self. Why would one want to flash there system? If you buy something such as the IntelliChem and your system cant hold it then pentair will flash update it then. If you have a problem with your system and its a bug. Pentair will flash it. There is no need for homeowners to buy this. Just pool ppl.

oofreakoo said:
Doed anybody know the going rate to just have a PB come out and flash it for us? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that we probably wont use again for 10yrs.

I would happily do that if only I could, I had no luck what so ever finding a shop that could do it. Worst are those listed as Pentair Automation service centers, I get on with one tech and he says we can't do it, another said Pentair never sent them what they needed so they don't bother, another said what's a flash. In short either Pentair doesn't well vet their listed shops or the shops are not really doing what they say.

I have an EasyTouch-8 panel and wireless controller with firmware 2.010. I would like to upgrade to the latest firmware version (v2.100) to gain features such as 8 Feature Circuits, but my local certified Pentair repair tech tells me that this upgrade is not covered under warranty. He believes he is one of three with the equipment to upgrade the firmware on these units but it would cost $250. So, I'm interested if anyone has information on how to do this upgrade cheaper. Supposedly Pentair will soon (this Summer) release an update to EasyTouch controller that will allow iPhone control. Not sure but suspect this will based on the same ScreenLogic PC interface kit (Part # 520500) available for the IntelliTouch. It would be nice if the firmware update could be done through this PC interface control.

If he's trying to charge you 250, he's ripping you off. The firmware is free and Pentair most likely gave him the programmer. Yes the update to screenlogic will allow easytouch control. That is a different animal than the base firmware though.

I have an Easytouch 4, Wireless controller and Inside Controller/wired. Not all features work across the platform- so when your talking about
FLASING the board etc do you need to do anything to the controllers? I get by with what I have but can not set the Intelliflo pump via the wireless.

Would you say $100 service call would be acceptable?

that seems like a fair price.

Flashing will include the outdoor board and all controllers, so all three would need to be flashed. Do check the versions to be sure they are all either 2.0 or higher, or less than 2.0. There was a hardware change at version 2.0.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.