Water level sensor

shufen

Oct 30, 2010
I don't have a water level sensor and I have to manually turn on water almost twice a week. I received an estimate that if I install a underground sensor, it will cost about $1,300 (because of the digging involved and the concrete pool deck). I searched on the internet, the Pool Sentry Water Leveler M-3000 does not have good reviews. The Pool keeper seems to have a better review. The cost is less than $100 for each. Are there other good sensors that I should consider? Anyone has experience with Pool Sentry or Poolkeep that you can share? Thanks.

I'll tell you what I did. In my case, I had a set of sprinkler control valves right near pool equipment. I tied into this and added 1 more control valve. The output from this is connected to my pool pump return through a 1 way check valve. I run this zone 4-5 minutes 3 times a week in the summer and this keeps my pool filled up. It works well because generally the more I need to water my lawn is the same time my pool has more evaporation.

Maybe you can open the pool fill valve just a tiny bit to stave off the constant refilling. I had a leaky valve and never really had to refill the pool. Then I repaired the valve and am now filling the pool once a week.

Of course if you with this solution, you have to keep a close eye on the fill level...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.