resurfacing vs re or just painting.

impvme

Oct 15, 2010
Hi,

I just drained my pool to power wash it and clean it up to get it ready for summer. Lo and behold the bottom and some of the sides are pitted and missing plaster. Would love to resurface it but unable to foot that monster right now. I would like to slow down the deterioration until I can afford the resurface. Will perhaps spot plastering the worst areas and painting it with a rubber based paint help for a year or two?

Thanks
PS oh and where can I get the plaster and info on how to prep the pool before applying it. Any suggestions on what is the best to pretty good plaster and paint to use.

Thanks

Paint only tends to last a year or two, and after a couple of layers of paint you have to sand blast it off. After a couple of years of that you end up spending more than plaster would have cost.

You can leave the bad plaster areas alone and all that will happen is that it won't look very good and there might be an extremely slow leak.

Patching plaster is tricky. You need to widen the bad areas enough to get clean vertical edges to plaster up to, which is tricky and even then you don't always get a good bond.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.