Subscripts and Superscript are bigger

chem geek

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
San Rafael, CA USA
At some point the subscripts and superscripts either got bigger or moved to not be below or above the main character line. This makes chemical formulas look much worse such as H2CY-. If you could put this back to the way that it was, that would be helpful. I suspect the change was so that subscripts and superscripts wouldn't increase the line spacing, but it makes such subscripting and superscripting look worse.

2*X3+1 H2O

It looks just the way I remember it looking. Nothing has changed in years. It still uses the HTML sup and sub commands, and it is then up to your web browser to render them appropriately.

What web browser are you using?

Aha! You hit the nail on the head. It's my browser. Safari looks fine, but Firefox that I just upgraded to 4.0 (4.0.1 actually) no longer looks the same! I don't see any Preferences option that would bring things back to normal, but at least I now know what it is -- it's the browser. Thanks for figuring that out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.