Will blocks under legs of my intex pool cause liner to rip??

May 12, 2011
I put blocks under the legs of my new intex metal frame pool and now I am wondering if the seam where the heavy duty sides meets the lighter plastic bottom will rip. The lighter weight plastic bottom is not fully in contact with the ground. I only have about 10 inches of water in the pool and it's fairly level. Do you think I need to dig the blocks down level with the ground? If you used blocks under the legs, did you make them flush with the ground? I am just afraid the weight once full, will put too much on that lighter weight plastic and it will burst without the ground to support it.

Julie T.

Re: Will blocks under legs of my intex pool cause liner to r

Welcome to TFP!

Typically you put the blocks in the ground so the tops are just slightly above the ground level; because they tend to settle just a little once they have weight on them. If there is a significant height difference you can have problems.

Jason is correct, blocks level with ground (or 1/4" above). Or put styrofoam under the pool to level the bottom to the blocks. That way you insulate the bottom and make it "cushy" as my DD's say.

A friend of mine put blocks under his intex. They were NOT flush with the ground, as yours sounds. His liner ripped during the summer. It ripped right where it was against the block. As posted, you want the blocks for support, but not to actually lift part of the pool above the rest. Once he made the flush, he hasn't had issues since.

Thank you, that was just what I was looking for. Before I started filling, it looked like it would be fine, but once water started going in, and I saw the pool bottom wasn't sitting all the way down. I didn't want to find out the hard way that it would split. Guess I have 15 little rectangular holes to dig.

I was also worried about the edges of the concrete pavers cutting into the plastic over time, so I have some pool noodles to cut up and tuck along the edge of the pavers against the pool. I guess if I dig the pavers in, I just might not need them.

Julie T.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.