Need Jandy ePump RPM recommendations

May 12, 2011
I searched everywhere but couldn't find the answer (apologies if it has been asked). I am a new pool owner and have been learning. I just replaced my old Jandy 2HP to Jandy ePump. Generally, I would like recommendations for RPM settings for different programs:

Questions:
- RPM for normal filtering (WITHOUT Polaris 360 running)?
- RPM for normal filtering WITH Polaris 360 running
- RPM for while gas heater is ON.
- RPM when SPA is ON.

My pool guy says I should I run my filtering WITHOUT Polaris 360 running for a while everyday. Running the pump while polaris is on directs half of the water to filter and other to Polaris UNfiltered. So, my current programming:

Current settings:
- 10am - 11am filtering with polaris running
- 11am - 2pm without polaris
Current RPM: pool 2000, spa 2750, cleaner 2750, pool heat 2250, spa heat 2250.
My pool with above looks awesome. So, I am wondering if I can lower the RPMs much more.

My equipment:
- Jandy ePump 2.0
- Polaris 360 (no separate booster pump)
(based on what I see, when polaris is on, half the water is going to my big filter and half to the polaris)
- Jandy LX
- Jandy AquaLink PDA
- Jandy AquaPure 1400 (salt pool)
- Pool is no more than 15 feet away from the equipment area on the floor.
- I am in Northern California

Thanks for your help.

With the pool alone you should run at the lowest speed where the skimmers still work well. This is typically around 1,000 - 1,400 RPM, though it varies. Likewise the Polaris should be run at the lowest speed where the Polaris still works well. That should be a good speed for the heater. It takes some experimentation to find the ideal speeds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.