order of testing

Are you taking a bucket sample then testing from the bucket?
I take individual samples direct from pool for each test, so only get what's needed and do the test, don't have to worry about time
I agree the FC and pH are most critical, and only ones I do daily...

i'm still in the theoretical phase of my pool ownership :) i bought a house last year with a pool and in a month i closed the pool. so i'm trying to figure out the routine for myself. one part of the process was reading this forum for a while. before i kinda dreaded the time when i need to open the pool now i'm looking forward to it :)

so, back the the testing. i could do it by the pool in which case i would get a fresh sample for every test i want to do. or i could get more water into a squirt bottle and bring it into the house and do the tests there. not sure which one is the best yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This was taken from the "Tips and Tricks" post that I found here ... I don't remember who posted it, but Thanks! I use this method!! :goodjob:

Take your water sample from 2 feet under without getting your arm wet or bending over. Using a 3/4" PVC pipe, about 4' long, hold your hand on the top of the pipe to prevent water from entering (air from escaping), sink the pipe about 2' down and then remove your hand (pipe fills up). Replace your hand and remove the pipe and put over your water sample cup that you have placed on the coping. Slowly let air enter and dispense the water into the cup.
I started using this method this winter when I no longer wanted to stick my arm in the cold pool. Now I continue doing it so I don't have to bend over.

One more tip - I use a turkey baster to transfer my water sample to the comparator tube. :mrgreen:

Flotsam said:
:goodjob: :goodjob:

I had some left overs from the irrigation system ! :whoot:

i fixed my sprinkler zone number 5 yesterday - there was a lot of digging in the mud for me, but i like getting my hands dirty :) now i'm undertaking some re-piping project for the pool. hopefully it could be done this and next weekend. then pool opening!!

:party:

Flotsam said:
You jump out of perfectly good airplanes??? :shock: :? :lol:

did you see any skydiving planes ? :) anyway, i'm not jumping anymore - retired at 1001 jumps august or september 2009 to start training for my 2010 Everest North Col expedition. retired from that June 2010. Now I have a wife, a daughter, a house, a yard and a pool. so no cool stuff for me anymore :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.