FC 2.5
CC 0.0
TC 3.0
pH 7.5
T/A 100
CH 380
CYA 50
Temp 84

Salt 4000 ish (depends who I believe... but I'm not adding anymore... and pretty sure the rain will bring this down soon enough)

From what I've read, everything looks ok, right? Is the FC at 2.5 high enough? No aglae as of yet.

Water looks good.

I wouldn't mind not having to add about 8 oz's of acid every 2-3 days... seems like I've heard there are ways to decrease the acid use.... suggestions?

Thanks!!

If you bring TA down to around 70 the PH drift will be far slower. TA will come down on it's own eventually anyway, so you can either reduce TA or let it come down on it's own.

FC of 2.5 should be fine, but I like to have a little more margin than that to handle several people swimming or other unusual events. I would only go a little higher, perhaps aiming for 3 when measured in the late afternoon/evening.

FC plus CC should equal TC. One of those three numbers is wrong.

Thanks Jason,

my typo... CC is 0.5

I'll just let the TA slide down on its own then.

I run my pump/swcg about 7 hours a day (3pm - 10 pm), and I did my testing right before it clicked on, so I guess I tested it right at its lowest point.

I usually do my ph/cl test in the morning, but admit to sometimes not being able to interpret it very well, but I think its somewhere around 3.

So I'll just keep doing the same things...

thanks again, Jason. You're much help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.