Pentair Warranty is a pain

FLA Rider

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 8, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I have a Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm propane heater. In less than 6 months it stopped working. I called the PB and he called a gas company to look at it. Come to find out the the heat exchanger is leaking which stopped the heater from working. They emailed Pentair to get approval to fix it under warranty. Over a week later Pentair came back and want the gas company to take pictures of the heater before they decided to cover it under warranty. I spoke to the gas company and they are waiting to see if Pentair will cover the expense to send someone out to break down the heater and take picture before they do it.

I do not see why this is such a big problem. The heater is less than 6 months old. Replace the unit, if they think that it was installed wrong go after the PB not the end user. I am going on 2 weeks with out it working and I am still waiting on the gas company to come out and take the pictures that Pentair wants. I called Pentair last week (a couple days after the gas company first came out) to check on the status and they did not know anything about my case. The gave me the name and number of the gas company the does their warranty work and it was the one that came out already. So they recommend this gas company but do not trust they.

I can see that I am going to have fun with Pentair if anything else breaks.

FLA Rider said:
I do not see why this is such a big problem. The heater is less than 6 months old. Replace the unit, if they think that it was installed wrong go after the PB not the end user.

The PB is the one that needs to step up to the plate here, not Pentair.

I know this post is a lil old but 99% of the time when the exchanger is leaking its due to chem problems. NON-WARRANTY. The exchanger is nothing but copper. when your PH drops it will strip this copper away and it leaks.

This is why pentair takes those steps. Nothing else can make it leak inless its a bad O'Ring and you dont see that very much.

I have to disagree with you there racket. When PH DROPS is when the water becomes acidic. Are you installing a check valve when using salt? Electrolysis has nothing to do with it from my understanding. The voltage is to small for it. We are not chrome plating here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.