Cleaning Filter Cartridges

Jun 24, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I'm coming up on my first cleaning of my cartridge filters. I have a Jandy filter tank with the round cylinder cartridge filters inside it. Any recommendations for using any cleaning solvents or cleansers, or is it just best to rely on pressurized water from a garden hose? I have one of those comb adapters for my garden hose to help get in between the folds of the filters. Any advice would be very helpful, since this is the first time I will be taking apart the filter tank and cleaning the cartridges. Thanks.

You can probably just hose them off this time. For most people a soak in cleanser is only needed perhaps once a year. To do that you use automatic dish washer detergent (Cascade, etc) and soak them overnight.

I clean mine at most twice a year and it has been well over a year since I soaked them. If you get a lot of suntan oil in the filter, it is a good idea to soak them otherwise just hose them off.

Also, I use simple green to soak when I need to.

I have a Jandy filter and I clean it every three months, it is not neccessary but it doesn't take me too long. I did clean 1 month after my pool build due to the contruction stuff and the last time I cleaned it was due to having scale.

I will caution you that the plastic screw/nut that holds my filter gauge broke off. It is made of plastic and if you tighten too much it will break off. It is hard to explain what it looks like. At the present time I had to remove my gauge and cover the whoe with a plug until I can get a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.