After Rain Storm

sukhbir

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2011
Fresno, California
Working on my pool for last 2 week. Just when things started looking really good, winds/Rain messed it up again. :grrrr: :grrrr:

Ran my Polaris 280 for vacuuming, filter in polaris got plugged. I do not know How old the unit is (came with the house 1-1/2 yrs ago). Tried to unscrew it from the wall (Ø1"). Plastic adapter Ø1-1/2 to Ø1" broke and 1" pc is stuck in the wall threads. Tried everything to get it out, being old it keeps on breaking. Any thoughts how to take it out ?

Thanks in advance TFP

Been there, done that.

I had to use a hacksaw blade to "carefully" cut the broken piece. Be cautious about how "deep" you cut, because you do not want to cut the opposite wall threads (male?). Once I made my cuts, I used a screwdriver to pry out the cut piece. Once that was out, I used pliers to unsrew the remaining piece.

The only "good" thing about this process is that I was enjoying my pool at the same time, as it was a lot easier to be in the water vice hanging over the edge. Hopefully your water is not too cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.