Mar 28, 2011
Space Coast, Florida
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Thanks to everyone on this forum, my first pool opening has been very easy, and quite enjoyable. Using the BBB method, I had no problems getting my levels correct for a pool (and water) that had not been properly maintained for almost 20 years! With the equipment upgrade complete, I spent Sunday and Monday evening getting my pH and TA in check, and last night I added 50ppm borates and took these pictures. Soon I will be trying an AA treatment to try to get rid of the dark staining in the pool and spa (not very apparent in these pics, I'll post pictures of the stains soon). (EDIT- actually the staining is quite apparent. If you look at the returns on the floor you can see that near the returns it is a nice blue, and darker everywhere else. I am hoping the AA treatment will help a lot.)

Just wanted to say thanks for everything so far and share these pictures with you :cheers:

Attachments

• Equipment.jpg
    Equipment.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Spa.jpg
    Spa.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 149
First one was dead out of the box. Second one died in 3 weeks, they spent over a month trying to figure out what was wrong, tried new power supply, replaced the motor, etc., but eventually gave me a new unit. Third one we again suspect power supply, been waiting for 3 weeks for a new one, supposed to have the new one today so we will see if that gets it running again. Sweeping my pool on a daily basis (and it's not as effective as the robot) is getting old!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.