Return Inlet Faceplate Broke Off Fiberglass Pool

May 11, 2011
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I have a fiberglass pool that has two return inlets. They are the type that have an eye-shaped center that fits in the middle of the donut shaped faceplate. The eyes are then used to control the direction of the water flow. One of the faceplates somehow broke off. I still have the broken faceplate and the eye-shaped center. I want to glue the faceplate back to its original position.

Does anyone know what's the best type of adhesive to use? It's obviously going to be underwater, in a chlorinated environment, and I want to ensure whatever I use will hold.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My apologies if my terminology is incorrect. If you need clarification, please ask. I've attached a few pictures to help.
[attachment=2:2862776j]pool1.jpg[/attachment:2862776j][attachment=1:2862776j]pool2.jpg[/attachment:2862776j][attachment=0:2862776j]pool3.jpg[/attachment:2862776j]

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 37
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 36
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 36
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.