Pictures of new build

Apr 21, 2011
Oklahoma
We were slowed by weather and some challenges with a cave in but appear to be back on track. I say "appear" because getting ahold of my builder appears to be tougher than contacting the president. This could turn into a DIY very easy as I've got my trigger on the "your are fired sir" button. To his credit, I'm pretty tough to build for as I have a high level of "need to know" and love to learn, I'm very curious. You couple that with a good friend in the business and I wonder why I didn't build this myself from the start. Much more drama behind this as you care to know about.....enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• Plumbing.JPG
    Plumbing.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 434
  • rebar.JPG
    rebar.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Tanning Ledge.JPG
    Tanning Ledge.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 434
These pictures bring up a question I have. I've seen a LOT of pool builds here on TFP and I always notice that the plumbing is never buried within the shell of the pool, it's usually trenched below the shell surface. However, every Oklahoma build I've seen, they bury the plumbing within the shell. Is this because of the clay in the area? Is one style any better or worse than the other?

Before you go firing him you had better read your contract. I know here in Texas it is easier to get out of a lease than and a building contract! Building it yourself has it advantages! That's what I did, lots of headaches but still would do it in a heartbeat!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.