TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I needed a new solar cover this year. I knew which one I wanted, so I Googled it and got a hit at Amazon which sold it via In The Swim. Free 7-10 day shipping and $5 less than through their catalog. Ordered it and a strap kit yesterday at lunch. Came home from work today to find it in my driveway. To get an indication of how fast that is, FedEx won't guarantee overnight delivery where I live, but I got a big, bulky package in 24 hours.

Amazon has fulfillment centers in Indiana, so I bet that's why, but holy cow, I never expected anything that fast.

shakenbake said:
what I think is awesome is that you can get a VS3050 for $880 and a VS-SVRS for $1000 shipped overnight for $3 extra on prime (or free with 2-day)...they actually stock these pumps! Crazy....

The new map on this is in the $1100 range. Will be interesting to see what happens.

That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. On Monday, I ordered Microsoft Office 2010 off of Amazon.com. I even picked the free super saver shipping option. I had it by noon Wednesday. :shock:

In The Swim is not Amazon, but a merchant that sells on their website. I was shopping for a Diver Dave, solar cover and ladder for this year. I saw many merchants selling pools equipment and saw In The Swim alot. They must be a good company to have shipped it out that fast for you to receive it quickly. I normally avoid all 3rd Party Merchants on Amazon for many reasons. I also work for Amazon and see so many bad things going on with 3rd parties all the time.

I just purchased a Hayward sand filter/pump and a solar cover. Went to Intheswim.com, checked prices, checked Amazon prices, and intheswim's amazon store prices were the lowest listed on Amazon, and alot cheaper than their website. I must have saved close to $100 just by checking the amazon price. Free shipping on top of it, and had the pump/filter next day, and cover the day after.

Always check Amazon, they seem to be driving prices down between the multiple stores that sell on there.

shakenbake said:
what I think is awesome is that you can get a VS3050 for $880 and a VS-SVRS for $1000 shipped overnight for $3 extra on prime (or free with 2-day)...they actually stock these pumps! Crazy....

You must have missed the Amazon sale a couple weeks ago. I bought the VS3050 VS-SVRS $814, Hayward C5030 filter $740 and Easy Touch 8 with actuators and SWG for $1000 :party:

I just saw the other day amazon is going to start offering same day shipping, so you will get the order the same day, that's pretty cool.
They say amazon is doing it to compete with the big box stores
They may have started for all I know?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Highlandreef said:
DaveNJ said:
Amazon is going to start charging sales tax for 8 more states. NJ starts July 2013. I'm still going to be buying from them.

Amazon can't do anything about that, it's law if a co owns a brick and mortar shop in that state the co has to charge tax, no way around it

In addition many states have passed laws requiring taxes from internet purchases even when there is no brick and mortar outlet. NC is one of those. Some of the larger vendors are cooperating with this - I don't recall if Amazon is or not.

Amazon is opening a distribution center in NJ that is why sales tax is coming to our purchases. Which kind of stinks. They have a distribution center in PA so we already get everything Next Day with our Prime subscription. I can order stuff on a Sunday and get it on a Monday. It is amazing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.