Opening my pool again

Hello All,

Last year I used BBB method the second part of the year and I was happy other than you know the bulky bleach containers. I removed the poolcover yesterday and was able to test the water today.

I have not done anything yet other than testing. The water looks a little green but I can see the deep end. There is much to brush and filter. I am guessing I should do that before balancing it but just wanted to ask before I start.

Here are my measurements:
FC: 0
CC: 0
TC: 0 (When I check wih Taylor kit I see TC but very little. Maybe .5 or so.)
pH: 8.2-8.4
T/A: 90
CH: 170
CYA: <10 I could still see the black dot when the tube was filled up all the way
Temp: Did not measure, but must be in low 50s.

I hope I did not forget anything and many thanks in advance.

Alper Sayar

The first two things are to lower the PH down to around 7.2 to 7.4 and if there is anything solid in the pool to fish it out with a leaf rake.

Then it is time to shock. Start shocking and add some CYA at about the same time. Target CYA around 30 to start with.

Long term, your CH level is a little low. But don't worry about that until the water is clear and sparkling.

I would adjust the pH and add some chlorine ASAP (use the Pool Calculator for dosing).

I'd hold off on adjusting the cya until you're done with cleaning the pool and all the backwashing you'll need to do with a DE filter.

Wishing you well and anxiously awaiting your "IT'S CLEAR" post :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.