Solar Panel Install - 2 Types of panels

Mar 16, 2009
Manitoba, Canada
I bought a couple of 2x20 panels used that have the inlet and outlet on the same end of the panel (not sure what brnad they are). I'd like to add a couple more 4x10 or 12 (depends what fits on my roof) to this that have inlet/outlet on opposite ends. I swear I saw a diagram somewhere on this forum that shows someone's setup of the 2 types of panels used together. Anyone know where that is or can repost? I have tried searching but wasn't able to find it.

I have also read of people that have drilled out the 'divider' on both ends so that the inlet/outlet ends up like the newer panels (on opposite ends). Anyone heard of or have experience with that?

Thanks.

The answer is simpler than you think - flip them over. There is no need to drill them out or modify them. The side that faces up/out now faces down towards the roof. This is what I did. They work perfectly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.