Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners

May 3, 2011
I have a question for those who have experience with the Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners.

Do these cleaners periodically "reverse" automatically, so that if they get stuck on a pool feature they will eventually free themselves?

Yes they do. And they spin around as well.

It's not perfect, however. If you have unusual features like ramps in the pool and you have an electric safety cover, then it can go up the ramp and get stuck (my 16,000 gallon pool is shown here and here). I have the pressure cleaner (4-wheel) running on a dedicated line with my variable speed pump set to 15 GPM running 2 hours every night.

the getting stuck occurs only if the GPM rate is set too low.

in my case, I run a cleaning period at 23 GPM and the Poolvergnuegen 2x runs along at brisk pace.

other Features programming on the IntelliFlow VF run as low as 12 GPM and the cleaner is immobilized, on purpose.

susa said:
the getting stuck occurs only if the GPM rate is set too low.

in my case, I run a cleaning period at 23 GPM and the Poolvergnuegen 2x runs along at brisk pace.

other Features programming on the IntelliFlow VF run as low as 12 GPM and the cleaner is immobilized, on purpose.
I'm not talking about getting stuck in a corner (it never does that) -- I'm talking about going up the ramp and tipping over when it encounters the cover. The speed/flow is irrelevant in this sort of situation, albeit a rare case for most pools. Also, there is a pressure relief valve that opens up if I try and go over 15 GPM anyway and the wheels at 15 GPM are spinning faster than their recommended 12-15 RPM (at the 15 GPM pump setting, I'm getting around 17 RPM with the wheels). Maybe the pressure at the outlet of the dedicated 1.5" line at 15 GPM flow rate is higher than in some other pools or maybe the IntelliFlo is lying to me about the flow rate.

>> talking about going up the ramp and tipping over when it encounters the cover.

anticipated that situation and installed a very flat cover for the drain, older style cover like in use in the late 80's and system steps over it like any other flat surface.

my 23 GPM's are also with only a partially open suction line as I pull most water volume from the main drain line and can switch jandy valve to dedicated line but the cleaner starts climbing out of the pool at that point

Puffin said:
Jasonknox, you've quite a large pool 35k. What do you think of the 4 wheel suction side version? How long does it take to clean your pool?

It will totally clean my pool in one day or a 10 hour run time. I probably run it every 5 to 7 days depending on how the pool looks. If we have a storm I will usually run it after the storm to get the pool clean. I don't have a leaf catcher so I have to clean out the pump basket more frequently which means I have to be at home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.