TF-100 1st results

TimIA

Apr 5, 2011
Iowa
I tested first thing this morning:
FC 1.5
CC 1.5
PH 6.8 (if lower, does it still read 6.8?)
Alk 60
CH 90
CYA 0 Just ended using Baquacil last year and have not added yet.

15K AG 16X32

Calculator says to add about 7lbs of borax and 4 lbs of Arm & Hammer.

Is it safe to try and adjust the Alk when the PH has to move up so much? Seems like I would want to take care of the PH first without doing anything with the Alk. What do you guys think? Not worried about the chlorine levels as I have a good understanding of what to do there.

The first thing is to raise the PH up to at least 7.2. The PH test will read levels lower than 6.8 as 6.8, so you may need to raise it quite a bit. Use the Pool Calculator to figure out an amount to raise the PH to say 7.4, add that, allow it to mix in for an hour, test the PH again to see where you are, and continue adjusting from there.

After that, it sounds like you aren't quite completely done with the baqua conversion.

thanks for the info. The baqaucil conversion took place mostly last fall. Not saying there is no baquacil left, but definitely not changing colors on my like last fall. Pool was cloudy when I opened it, but could still see the bottom. So I will just work on the PH first to get it to the low 7's at least and then retest and go from there.

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.