Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl

From the postings I 've read, the Blue Diamond and Blue Pearl seem to be the most reliable robotic cleaners. I cannot decide on which one to get. The Blue Pearl takes much longer cleaning time than the Blue Diamond, 4 hrs vs. 1 hr. Does that mean the Blue Diamond is going to last 4 times longer? Therefore the warranty on the Blue Diamond is 4 years while on the Blue Pearl is only 1 year. Is it worth the $300 difference? Anyone has bad experience with these machines?
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

I have a blue pearl and love it. Don't know about 4hours. Mine shuts down after 3 hrs and has cleaned the pool totally before that, and I have a 20 x 40 pool.
    20x40 IG vinyl, heatpump and solar and 3 siberian huskies, 10kw PV solar electric system. Nikon Photographer D800e dSLR.

3. Back To Top    #3

What is the best???

In the market, I think?
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand, Kreepy
    Helpful Links: TF Test Kits; Pool School; Chlorine/CYA Chart; The Pool Calculator
    Wooooo Pig Sooooieee ... Razorbacks

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm also looking at either the diamond or the pearl, also pondering the cost VS warranty issue. Any bad experiences out there with either of these two machines, I've only read good info so far....also who is a good supplier. Not trying to hi-jack your thread..but why start another.... . Thanks all. Ken
    If I don't jump in my wife pulls me in!!!!!!!!

18x38 roman IG/vinyl 20k gal aquarite swcg & aquasolar tc,hayward clearstar plus 1200 ctg filter & 1 HP super pump,supervision fiber optic lights

5. Back To Top    #5

Where is the best site to buy from>>>>????

Is the rc unit worth it or is the reg clean the same..???
    ttt
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand, Kreepy
    Helpful Links: TF Test Kits; Pool School; Chlorine/CYA Chart; The Pool Calculator
    Wooooo Pig Sooooieee ... Razorbacks