Some BBB questions

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
I'm going to add bleach for the first time today. The pool is a little less than a year old and I was using pucks before. My FC is at an 8 right now, I was told I should maintain this b/c cya is at 70. I'm planning on adding 1 1/2 quart of 6%. I read to add it infront of the return letting the pump run for at least 20 min. From this point on will I generally be adding bleach on a daily basis? I know to test water and make adjustments as nessasary but as a general rule will it be a daily thing?

I do test daily (well most of the time) :oops: , but usualy I only need to add bleach every other day. I add enough to get to the max of my range according to the cya chart in Pool School, then let it drift down to the low end before I add. If I have a heavy bather load I usualy have to add more often.

I installed the Liquidator Sunday, so I'm hoping to do less daily dosing this season. :party:

I add chlorine twice a week, but I have a mostly opaque electric safety cover that keeps chlorine usage down to 1 ppm FC (or a little less) per day in spite of the pool being used for 45-90 minutes every day and temps at 85-90ºF. So I usually go from around 6 ppm FC to 3 ppm FC and back again with 40 ppm CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.