help

ok jason iam ready to tinker with the bbb but i need some rough ideas on how much bleach and other stuff to to start with my pool is 16x32 in ground 12 foot deep end with 4 foot in shallow

I understand where you are coming from, I am also new at this and becoming BBB, keep reading pool school and I also just checked the BBB forum section, some of my questions were answered there. You can also, do a search as well. I think we will need to know your current levels of FC and CYA to tell you how much bleach is nessasary, can anyone else chime in to confirm this? I don't want to give bum advice. :oops:

jdt - Do you have a good test kit like the ones referenced in these forums? I have the TF-100. If so what are your current numbers and how many gallons does your pool hold? If you do not have a quality test kit you need to get one as they are the only way to truly monitor how your pool acts once chemicals are introduced. Bleach comes in differenct Percentages of Chlorine. The typical percentage seems to be 6% but some other off brands can have a lesser percentage. I use liquid chlorine from pinch a penny that is 10-1/2%. These different percentages will play a factor in how much of a product is put into the pool. It may seem overwhelming at first but once you get on a routine/plan it will all start to make sense.

jdt - Lets tackle this one step at a time.

Do you have a good test kit?
If so what are your test results? If not, get a set of test results from the pool store (until you can get a good test kit) and post them.
Here's what we need,
pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA (stabilizer)

Once we know those things we can walk you through using the Pool Calc and get you on your way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To estimate chlorine you need:
Current free chlorine ppm:
Current Cyanuric Acid:
Pool Volume:

Fill those in and we can go from there, but it would be best if you'd fill all Bama's blanks in.

BTW, tablets are very slow to release chlorine and add to CYA.

Be careful putting trichlor tablets in your skimmer basket. They're acidic and when your system turns off, they sit and over time can strip metals and stain your pool. It's better to put tabs in a floater on a leash, tied close to a return line and away from steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.